Monday, February 15, 2010

Carnaval

This weekend was called Carnaval. It's considered a "Christian" holiday, but it's really not. On Carnaval weekend most people have waterballoon fights and spray people with water. It's actually really fun. Me and Eli got on the roof and threw waterballoons at people. It's the only weekend that it's not illegal. :) The little kids just laugh and laugh. I never got hit with a waterballoon. On Friday I went walking around town when all the water fights started, but I never got hit. My mom says it's because they don't know how we'll react yet. Hehe. So I got lucky. Another thing about Carnaval is they don't only throw water. They will smash eggs on your head, throw ink on you, flour, foam and anything they can find. It can get really gross. Here in Alausi they had a 3 hour long parade. My parents went to it and took pictures, but I was asleep through the whole thing. Teehee. So the whole meaning of Carnaval, or so says this man we know, is you cleanse yourself and wash yourself and if you have eggs and flour on, you'll go home and wash yourself and if people throw water at you it's washing you. I really don't get it. I'm not the smart person in this situation. I wasn't really paying attention. Sorry guys. My parents probably have a way better explanation on what it signifies on their blog. It's pratherfamily.wordpress.com. I think my dad is writing a blog on it as I write. So I hope he explains it. I probably have everything wrong. Don't listen to what I said. Lol. I'll be Stateside in 10 days, guys! Love y'all! and thanks for being the tiny amount of people who read my blog. :) You're special.

0 comments: